CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 3, 2009

The big "C" took another

Went to a funeral today. Mr. Fiedler passed away from Cancer. I hate Cancer! RIP Mr. Fied's.

Cancer - YUK!

Mom was diagnosed with Cancer a while back. Since I was not active blogging I am going to vent about it now.

Back in 2005 my mom was real sick, we had no idea what was wrong with her. The Doctors did test after test and were not coming up with anything. We were actually to the point we wanted them to find something so we could "fix" her. My oldest Niece is a Dental Hygienist & was looking at my moms teeth and said something did not look right. We got her in at my Niece's office & sure enough, she had such a bad infection in her gums that is was almost killing her. Now my mom went to the dentist every 4 months (not 6 but 4) and her dentist never said anything was wrong with them. This infection was so bad that it turned into an infection in her blood, when all was said and done she ended up with pneumonia. We almost lost her. She got down to 110 lbs. Normal weight 140's. Finally she go better after we had all her upper teeth pulled and numerous bouts of antibiotics.

She was so depressed after that, that we had to really watch her and keep her busy. All was good for about 2-1/2 years. Then we noticed she was falling into that "sick" mode again. We took her to the Dr. and everything checked out okay except her lung capacity was low. So here we go again back and forth to the Dr. every other month just to check her out and do blood work. After a few months they decide to start doing scans on her lungs. First few were okay then one came back with a spot. UGH!

They told us to come back in 3 month and they will do another Scan and go from there. 3 months later, it was bigger. We did all the test they asked us to do and all the biopsy to see if it really was Cancer. May 4Th she got the call from her Doctor. "Josie, you have Cancer." My mom handled this so well that I was shocked. We all thought for sure she was going to fall into depression again and that would be it for her. My mom, told all of us to keep it together and she was going to do whatever was needed to take care of it.

We went to see all the Doc's needed and the best option was to have surgery and remove the Cancer. We set it up and that was that. As the date got closer, I noticed my mom not so much herself. One day at her house we were all hanging out & she called me into the bathroom and started to cry. When I asked her what was wrong she said, "If something goes wrong, please don't make Patti get stuck taking care of me." Patti is my sister who lives right next store and always takes my mom where she needs to go and goes to the store with her, they go to church together, they hang out all the time. I assured my mom that nothing was going to happen (like I knew that or something) and if something did go wrong, I would be more that happy to be stuck taking care of her. She hugged me really tight and said "don't tell anyone this happened."

we had the surgery & they took out the Cancer and some surrounding tissue to do a biopsy just to be sure. 1 week later, we were told they got it all. She needs no chemo or radiation! We still have to go back to the Doctor every month but who cares, my mom is okay for now.

Thank you God for giving her more time cause I'm not done with her yet!

Love you Mom!!!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Glad to hear she is ok Dee!

Jess said...

Tears and Love!!!! I'm so glad she's better!

I didn't know you went to the funeral. I'm a jerk -- I live less than a mile from them and I didn't go. I drove past the FH on Sunday but just couldn't bring myself to go in. Stupid. I'll send a card.