I got this from my dear friend Toni today.
If I had a blog, today I would write: Today for about the 35th time in my life, I was able to wish my friend Dee "Happy Birthday". Being the kinda friend I am I wanted to be the first. At 7:20 am I called her and said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY" . And instead of a laugh or a thanks, I get "Your waking up my kids!". Now prior to calling I did put some thought into it and I think, Marty gets up early for work and the kids probably have to be in school by 8:00am or around then, Dee works at 7:30 so they should all be up now, it's Dee's Birthday and they are all probably up giving her a Birthday cup of O.J.to get her off to work. Right?... Wrong! I ask "what time do they get up?" Dee replies "7:30". Now I'm thinking if I had just waited a mere 10 more minutes, my nearest/dearest/oldest friend would have been happy to hear from me instead of being perturbed of my waking her kids up a measly 10 minutes early. The good news is, I have learned from my mistake and will not do it again next year. I will try instead next year to wish her the last "Happy Birthday" she hears for another year. Problem is I'm kinda stressin about what time the kids go to bed! My luck 9pm and I will be calling at 9:10.
She wasn't so Scary.
5 weeks ago

3 comments:
and I thought I called you early!
It's official - Toni has a blog:
tonisbologna.blogspot.com - go check it out
umm, Dee, you haven't blogged in like a week. Get to it!
Post a Comment