CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Losing control

For the past 4 days I felt like I have no control over my life. I know that sounds pretty severe but let me explain....

I have been working full time since June 19th. I have always worked, however, since April 2004 until June 2008 I have worked in the Painting/Construction Field. I am not trying to say that was not a real industry or a real job, but I was able to pretty much set the rules of my schedule being the Office Manager. I was able to come in late, leave early, take time off whenever I wanted, work from home, go shopping during the day, you know get my other stuff done while working and get paid for it.

I am now working for a great company that is family owned and the people are wonderful but it is a "real" job. No more goofing around.

So here is why I was feeling out of control. I work all day, I come home to a house that is not so clean, I drive the sitter home, pick Mary Jo up at gymnastics, go home try to clean up a bit while making dinner, get the boys ready for football, start laundry, go to football, come home clean up dinner, do more laundry, go to bed and start all over again. I am stressed out to say the least.

I had a R E V E L A T I O N yesterday. I am not GOD although at times, I think I am.


To start off I am going to organize my children. That will eliminate some stress and cleaning. I will start with the boys room. They have so much stuff it is unreal. We (me, mike & marty) are going to get things looking good and keep them that way. I am going to make them P.O.R (proud of their room). This way they will see how good it feels to be clean and neat & hopefully they will want to stay that way.

As for Mary Jo, I am just going to make her more responsible for her stuff. She is a great kid. When asked she does laundry, the dishes and vacuums. I really cant ask her to do anymore at the age of 9 but her room is her room. I am going to ask her to go through her stuff and see what she does not want anymore and maybe we can sell it. Garage sale or eBay. I'm not sure yet.


I will post some before pics tonight and hopefully in a week or so everyone will be done with their rooms and I will post after pics. You may even get some during pics.

1 comments:

Jess said...

Woo Hoo - two in a row!!!

This post sounds like something I can steal and post on my blog!!! Good luck with the "spring" cleaning.