CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

HAIR CUTS WITH A STAR

Last week Marty was so fed up with the boys hair that he took them for hair cuts on Friday night. Hair cuts are usually my thing. My neighbor Patti is a stylist & usually does me, Mary Jo, Mike and Marty for $20.00. Cant beat that deal now can you? My hubby Marty goes to Joe, he has been going to Joe since he was a teenager and now pays $25.00 with a tip.

Patti is good but she usually wants me there at 8:00 in the morning or 2:00 in the afternoon on a Saturday. Not really good for me anymore since the kids are into everything. Saturday mornings we do CCD at 9:00 so 8:00 is out. We are always busy doing something during the day so 2:00 usually does not work either.

Mary Jo's has THICK, WAVY/CURLY hair. Her last hair cut was done by my friend Laura, also a stylist. she did a really nice job. I went to her because her daughter has curly hair like Mary Jo and her hair always looks so cute. Needless to say, I am vey happy, she did not charge me anything so as payment I am giving her some candles. She is one of my customers so I know what she likes and who cant use candles.

My hair has alot to be disired. It is way to long right now, way too many colors and is always in a pony. I need a new style.

Back to the subject......

How cool would it be at 7 years old to tell all your friends that you and a famous guy get your hair cut by the same guy....Barber Ron.

Well, mine do now. Friday night while doing laundry, Marty calls to tell me the boys now get their hair cut with an actor named Valentino Cimo. "WHO"? you ask. Well if you ever watched the movie Next of Kin (i have a million times) you would know I am talking about Rhino, the guy who gets locked on the bus with all the snakes. If you still dont know him, here is a picture.



So Marty gets a talkin to this guy they exchange numbers and he calls Marty yesterday to let him know the kids autographs are ready and as they are chit-chatting they start talking about the Bears and how my brother has 4 seats and how Valentino would love to buy a game off my brother (the seats are really good).

Well I just e-mailed Michael to see if hhe would like to sell a game. I doubt it, he is a die-hard Bears fan.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I have to admit, I have watched Next of Kin (I think) but even with the picture I can't place him. Doesn't matter though - he has a cool name and now he's like Marty's friend. Maybe he'll make it to your next block party. That would be fun!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I don't recognize him either but I'lltake your word for it.